Friday, May 1, 2009

HAPPY ETC DAY!!!!!

HAPPY ETC DAY!!!!!

I just wanted to thank all of you who participated in this very, VERY special day! Soon I am sure that the WHOLE WORLD will know about Etc and the magic of handmade!!!

Special thanks to C over at Ugly Things for Sale and Pussdaddy for their very kind well wishes for Etc's special day!

Kudos also to
EtsyBitches for allowing me to read and post on their blog; it has truly been a pleasure and inspiration!

And finally, my sincerest thanks to all the lovely twitterzens who retweeted my Etc Day tweets and helped to spread the word about this momentous day!!!


As my extra special reward to you, I offer up this peachy treasury (sorry, no cash rewards or discounts)! I know the prices are a bit steep, but really, that's the price one pays for the magic of handmade.

  • Old brown and blue sweatshirts from your brother's laundry pile that you wove into wearable "art" $80
  • Pair of old Sally Jesse plastic framed glasses that you dug out of your mom's makeup drawer $18
  • White crochet headband that you made for your textiles badge in Girl Scouts when you were in 4th grade $40
  • Finding people to advertise your site for free PRICELESS

3 comments:

  1. What? No moustaches? What is a ETC Day treasury without a chic, hipster moustache?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! What was I thinking? Shame on me! But you know, I think a nice fake facial hair treasury would be a lovely idea for next week. Either that or ugly fake flowers. One can never get too much of fake flowers and fake facial hair!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL - love it! Am following you now :D

    ReplyDelete

DISCLAIMER: This entire blog is satire, a parody of a certain popular handmade venue. In other words, it's a joke! If you simply *must* contact Betsy Etc to piss and moan about it, please feel free to do so, but understand that you do it at your own risk of being held up for mockery.